Seeking technically involving work on innovative projects within small to medium sized groups.
Relevant Computer Knowledge
- HTML, CSS, XML, JSON, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, RPC, REST/SOAP
- Python, Java, Nix, sh/bash, SQL
- Programs / Systems
- AWS / EC2 / S3, NixOps, Git, Mercurial, Vi
- Operating Systems
- Linux / Unix, NixOS / systemd, Windows
Software Engineer: Technical Infrastructure Team
Infor Retail (formerly Predictix ,LLC)
August, 2015 – present
Predictix LLC provides Software-as-a-Service suite for merchandising decisions to retailers, wholesalers, and brands.
Its Software-as-a-Service suite helps decision making in the areas of planning and allocation; assortment and space;
pricing and promotions; and forecasting and replenishment.
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Manage a production cluster of +40 nodes deployed on top of AWS EC2
- Improve monitoring and metrics collection using Datadog/StatsD
- Improve system and batch performance, including application rules tuning and system
- Contribute to the development of our open-source cloud deployment tool NixOps
by adding resources to allow having infrastructure as code.
- Work on the back-end infrastructure of one of our Forecast and Replenishment
projects for “the largest drug retailing chain in the United States”
- Write batch processes in Logicblox's workflow DSL and harness the cloud by designing
parallel jobs that run on ephemeral spot instances
- Design and implement services for importing and exporting raw client data on top of Logicblox's platform/rule engine
- Both production and development deployments using Nix* tools on top of AWS resources
Advanced Derivative Services
February, 2015 – July, 2015
Advanced Derivative Services is a consulting and software development company, specialized in financial markets and derivatives. The main goal of ADS is to offer a personalized advisory service, tailored to develop IT solutions or
strengthen customer teams with consultants.
As part of its expansion, ADS launched in 2013 a department for mobile application development.
- Worked on the Android version of the "MixDubs" app
"MixDubs" is an application that allows users to record videos with a predefined sound using a large set of real-time video filters.
Available at the Google Play Store
The application is not usable anymore since Parse.com shutdown its service
- Implemented Real-Time video filters that allows users to preview the effects while recording, using
OpenGl ES and the Android MediaCodec API.
- Used a Mobile Back-end as a Service (Parse.com) as a cloud back-end to the application for storing
the different sounds and categories, performing analytics and crash reporting.
National School Of Computer Science (ENSI),
September, 2012 – May, 2015
- Focus: Networks and Distributed Systems
Preparatory Institute for Engineering Studies of Tunis (IPEIT),
September, 2010 – June, 2012
- Ranking in the National Exam for the Entry to Engineering Schools: 183/4000
- Intensive courses in advanced Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
Main University Project
February, 2014 – May, 2014
Design and Implementation of a Taxi mission management solution
- Implemented a RESTful web service for taxi mission management and the Android mobile
Key Words: Java EE (JAX-RS), MySQL, Java/Android, Google Cloud Messaging, Google Maps API v2
application for Drivers/Clients.
Minesweeper Game using C and the SDL library
If you are reading this off-line, then
you may want to visit the web version at
Last Updated: 2017/06/04